Stay Happier, Feel Better, Do Better!

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

The past 2 weeks have been Midterms, MIDTERMS, and MORE midterms, so I was/am extremely busy.  Which made me start thinking about things that have not only helped me be a better student but also have helped my happiness as well...

 Start working out:

Working out doesn't always seem fun when you start but I always leave a good workout with a better attitude.  It gives you time away from all of life stresses and allows you to focus on yourself for an hour a day.

If you have tried to workout on your own but can't always get the motivation, try signing up for a class.  Not only is it more fun to workout in a group, but it helps you get to the gym on a regular basis.  There are a lot of different workout classes offered if you look at local gyms, colleges, or rec centers.  This semester I signed up for a spin class and now I HAVE to go... even when I really don't want to.  It also is much more fun then just going to the gym and doing the same thing all the time.

Create a planner:

Go out and get yourself a cute planner and start writing...

For me planning not only keeps me organized but it also helps me from stressing.  Organizing what you need to do each day helps you stay on track and you get things done!  Plus when you cross things off your list it makes you feel accomplished😏

Daily Schedule:

This semester I have been trying to to go to bed and wake up at the same time each day.  Which is something really small and you wouldn't think would change much... but it REALLY helps! This puts your body into a rhythm.  You will begin to get tired at the same time each night (helping you sleep) and be more awake each morning.  This also helps you get the correct hours of sleep (hopefully around 8 hrs a night).

Get Out of the House:

Even on your lazy days try to get out of the house.  I notice that when I am cramped in my room all day I get A LOT less done.  Try going to the library or a coffee shop to study... or if you are cramped in your room all day, take a break, and do some errands.
For me this always helps when I'm stuck on a difficult problem and/or I've just hit a wall.  I leave the house and go the the 7-eleven down the street, grab some treats and come back... and I usually am able to look at the problem with new eyes and FINALLY figure it out!

Get Ready Everyday:

I am the WORST at getting ready everyday.  I would MUCH rather sleep an extra hour than get ready in the morning, but this year I've made it a goal to get ready everyday.  It gives you more time to wake up before work/school and also helps you feel better.
Because let's be real... when you look good, you feel good!

Eat Better:  

I am so terrible at eating healthy.  I LOVE JUNK FOOD, but when you eat better you really do feel better.  It also gives you more energy throughout the day.

Eating breakfast makes a huge difference (especially when there's coffee).

I also try to pack a snack, because when you get too hungry it's easy to eat bigger portions, and also makes it harder NOT to eat out... because you want something quick!

Have Friends Join:

Because life is just more fun with friends...

Try doing daily chores with friends to make it more fun!  From grocery shopping, studying, or the gym it is always fun to have a friend there to make it a little more enjoyable.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.


I have definitely seen a huge difference in my attitude and grades when I try to do all of these things.  Hopefully this helps someone find a better life balance, or at least gives you some ideas!

Thanks for reading!  Check back soon💬



Comments

  1. These are good reminders! I've been trying to be better at a lot of these things too! Good luck with midterms!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment