Dear Mom,

Happy Mothers day.

It felt strange not having you here today. I tried to keep my mind off of the fact that it was mothers day because it just made me miss you more.  But I did start thinking of some fun things that we got to do together.


Do you remember senior year when a few students from my math class were chosen to be recognized at BYU Mathematics dinner? It was so fun to get dressed up and go with you.

Going grocery shopping with you was always somehow so much fun.  You always knew just how to make a simple, boring, chore into something fun.  We pushed each other on shopping carts and raced around the store to figure out what to have for dinner that night.



I may not have any pictures with you at the Hurricane car show... but going to Hurricane with you was ALWAYS so much fun... especially Peach Days.  I loved talking to you the entire four hour car ride about anything and everything.  You always made family a priority and I hope I can do the same. So many of my favorite childhood memories are in Hurricane... from shopping to going out to eat with Aunt Rosie and Grandma.  I absolutely loved seeing you with your sister and your mom.  You guys would laugh yourselves silly telling us funny stories about old times.


... We ALWAYS made sure good food was involved.  I miss going to the old chocolate cottage to get sea foam.  



This is a picture from when Ben came home from his mission.  I loved watching you with the ones you loved... because you love with your entire heart.  You ALWAYS made sure we felt constant love.  Being our cheerleader, always supporting us, and helping us achieve our goals. I always knew that no matter what I could come to you.  You were the first person I want to call when something wasn't going right as well as the first person to tell great news to.  You always made sure I felt loved and I miss hearing from you everyday.


Teasing you... This is a picture that I know you would kill me for if you were here... I was dying your hair and eyebrows and was goofing around and got it everywhere.  We would do things like this to each other all the time!  We would just laugh and laugh together... and always end up making a big mess.


Soccer games with you were so much fun.  You would get SOO into it and almost loose your voice every gameπŸ˜†  Hearing you cheer when I was playing was so embarrassing.... but I sure miss it.  It is so hard to even watch a game without you... but I know you're still cheering for your boys in red.



I could go on all night about fun times with you... because we had so many.  I only wish there was time for more with you.  This mothers day I wished you were at grandpas with me having dinner.  I just want to be a normal girl worrying about getting my mom something special that showed her how much I loved her.

But instead I am left writing a silly letter.  Which makes me both sad and mad... because you should be here... but you aren't.  

I tell myself that you are in a better place and you are no longer ill.  But I can't help but be selfish and wish you were here with me.

I am starting to get use to the changes although it is really hard.  I stay busy so that I don't think too much about it, because I will just break down if I do.... but I just couldn't let the day end without writing to you and telling you how much I miss you.

Happy Mothers Day.  I love you.

-Baby girl



Comments

  1. This is beautiful and so thoughtful, Courtney. I know your Mom had a lovely Mothers Day this year, celebrating with Grandma and free from so many troubles. I know she loves you a whole lot. She is an amazing woman! Thanks for sharing such a poignant post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful tribute to your mom! She felt as blessed and lucky to have you for a daughter as you do to have her for a mom! Your absolutely right... She was the biggest cheerleader and supporter. I believe and know she is still right there cheering for you every day from heaven.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment